The defending Stanley Cup champions have already secured a playoff berth, but they want to do more than just limp into their probable first-round series against the hot Colorado Avalanche. That’s exactly what they’re doing right now though.
Chicago just returned from a three-game road trip where they were outscored 12-4 and didn’t earn a single point. On top of that they lost captain Jonathan Toews, who will join Patrick Kane on the sidelines for the rest of the regular season.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $200. Starts Thursday at 7:00 p.m…
View original post 283 more words
WBBM Newsradio’s Terry Keshner reports it all happened around 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Blue Line subway station at Chicago and Milwaukee.
Rita Sattler, who works for Ald. Tim Cullerton (38th) saw it all happen.
“She staggered backwards, and fell towards the third rail,” she said.
[cbs-audio-player title=”CTA Passengers Help Save Woman Who Fell On Blue Line Tracks” artist=”WBBM 780’s Terry Keshner reports” download=false url=”http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/cta-hero-w1.mp3″ station_name=”WBBM 780/105.9FM” station_logo=”http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/wbbm-icon.jpg”]
A man in an orange University of Illinois sweatshirt jumped on the tracks and waved his arms to flag down a southbound train before it could hit the woman.
The CTA said its control center was aware the woman had fallen on the tracks, so the train already was slowing down.
Sattler and others on the platform…
View original post 119 more words
– Sean Cleary, who had taken Jane Geddes’ role in WWE Talent Relations, left his position about a month ago and went back to Human Resources. With the change, Triple H is now personally handling the talent payroll. The feeling is that won’t last long and it’s said he’s trying to find someone for that position because of the time consuming nature of that role.
– Jerry Lawler said over the weekend at an indie show that he’s just about straightened out all of the issues with the Memphis video tape library and is looking at selling it to WWE.
– Indie wrestler Michael Elgin did not work the recent WWE tryouts.
There are people within WWE who believe that Brock Lesnar should have been booked differently and as more of a threat to The Undertaker, since the only point Lesnar did anything to Taker was the go-home angle on RAW this week, and that was still a sneak up from behind distraction with the announcers calling Lesnar a coward.
The original feud between Taker and Lesnar that was talked about in 2010 had Taker proposing that Lesnar beat him to end The Streak, although that was never seriously considered, thinking it would be the right thing for business. Feelings on The Streak have obviously changed since then.
Vince McMahon made the decision that in the build for this match, Taker never gets touched. He was smart enough to change that rule for the final build this week on RAW.
– Check out this UFC Fight Pass video of Steve Austin talking about Brock Lesnar:
– Diamond Dallas Page told The Jason Bailey & Randy Cross Morning Show in Atlanta that his WWE Hall of Fame induction speech for Jake Roberts is ready but you never know what will come out of his mouth.
– Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton is scheduled to headline WWE live events following WrestleMania XXX.
– The reason Alberto Del Rio pinned Big E clean a second time in non-title matches is because WWE officials are planning on having the two feud for the Intercontinental Title after WrestleMania XXX. A match is currently scheduled for Extreme Rules in May.
– WWE NXT talent Cole Andrews, whose real name is Stephen Good, has reportedly been released from his contract. He was an offensive lineman from the University of Oklahoma. For what it’s worth, he hasn’t been active on social media since late February.
– Rey Mysterio’s WWE contract expires later this month and while there hasn’t been a new deal signed yet, it’s expected. Word is that they’re looking at a deal where Rey would wrestle limited dates and spend more time as a brand ambassador for Latin America, which is really what he’s been doing lately anyway.
– Sources have confirmed that the decision to induct Razor Ramon this year is because of the plans for an nWo induction where Scott Hall would be inducted under that name. The idea of inducting Diesel and later inducting him as Kevin Nash has also been proposed.
– In this week’s RAW Fallout video, it appeared Big Show wanted to correct Roddy Piper when Piper was talking about Show’s relationship with Andre the Giant. It turns out Show never met Andre and wasn’t even in the pro wrestling business until after Andre died. Show tried to nicely correct Piper but Piper kept going.